With the prices of many things going up this year in the current economy, this news likely won’t come as a surprise. Auto insurance premiums are on the rise in 2022. Bankrate reports that across the nation auto insurers are filing for rate changes – with the average rate increase filing about 4.9% according to cited S&P Global Market Intelligence data. (Rate changes typically don’t effect everyone equally. Read more about the process in the Bankrate reports.)
This brings us to JD Power’s new 2022 US Auto Insurance Study. JD Power researchers say insurers are being forced to raise rates – else go out of business. cite a number of factors for this: a record high number of serious collisions, skyrocketing used-vehicle prices researchers and surging repair costs. As a result, the study finds a sharp decline in customer satisfaction with the price of auto insurance. Still, somehow overall customer satisfaction overall remains at a similar level year over year. Something JD Power attributes to the industry’s “notable” efforts to improve customer engagement.
- Ethics Consult: Cut Health Insurance for Risky Activities? MD/JD Weights In
- Which Car Insurance Company Is the Best When Someone Has a Rebuilt Title – InsuranceNewsNet
- Fired-up NJ Senate President calls opposition to costly auto insurance plan 'nonsense'
- Gallagher on what's needed for correction in commercial auto insurance
- Cost of living crisis pushes most popular car insurance prices up by an average of £100